Stark Family Fall 2009 Grey's Lake, IA

Stark Family Fall 2009 Grey's Lake, IA
Our Family

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Strawberry Shortcake...

Right after my birthday, I got this craving. Strawberry Shortcake. It would not go away. I love food, can you tell? Well, I decided to take pics like the http://www.pioneerwoman.com/ The recipe my mother uses is from the Betty Crocker Cookbook. "Pat In The Pan Shortcakes" check out www.bettycrocker.com for more info.


This was the first attempt. Helping John paint and baking do NOT go together.
Emma wanted to be in a pic.

Second attempt, just right!

My serving. Yum.

Half way through. I took my time. Yum, again! Perfect with a glass of milk, does a body good!
This really reminded me of home. Mom always makes this in the Spring when strawberries are in season. Wish she was here to share it with me. I may have to have her make it in July when we go back to visit Iowa.
I will be posting about sweet corn soon. I can't wait to have some of that! Hope it's ready in July!

















2 comments:

  1. I will have to try that. Well, not me personally because of the sugar, but someday. :-) I've tried several, but none have turned out right. That lookes like a winner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is good! Wish you could have sugar, but so glad you are doing better. Your will power amazes me!!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete