Stark Family Fall 2009 Grey's Lake, IA

Stark Family Fall 2009 Grey's Lake, IA
Our Family

Friday, September 30, 2011

Wild Kratt's on PBS...



As many of you know, I have a son who is into the Wii, any computer video game and Lego's. That's about it. He is almost 8 years old, so I hope that in the near future some of his interests expand a little. Well, a few weeks ago, he found  "Wild Kratts" on PBS  Now, I know some of your are thinking, is this the same show from the late 90's? No, it's not! My siblings watched "Kratt's Creatures" when they were growing up. I was in high school, but I do remember that they really liked these silly brothers that talked about animals. They filmed that show with live animals. The new "Wild Kratts" is animated with the Kratt brothers doing the voices of their characters, Chris and Martin Kratt. As a mother who is now trying to teach three different levels of learning at one time. (Feel for me please?! Just kidding!) I like it when we can get some animal "science" in with all the kids at one time. And I do know that this is a TV show, but right now it really helps me out. The other day they had a show on the butterfly that they watched and a few hours later my 8 year old could tell me all the different stages the butterfly will go through in it's life time. Very cool! I APPRECIATE that this show includes learning with fun technical toys and silly jokes that my kids enjoy! Ean LOVES it! I even like to watch!
Thank you Kratt Brothers and PBS. Check your local listings!


http://pbskids.org/wildkratts/

1 comment: