Stark Family Fall 2009 Grey's Lake, IA

Stark Family Fall 2009 Grey's Lake, IA
Our Family

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Emma has an accident...



Where do I start? I had no idea I would spend 4 hours of my day in a dentist and oral surgeon office.

About 11:30am I hear this heart breaking scream. Emma is hurt! I am upstairs doing laundry. I yell at the boys asking what has happened. They all have been fighting this morning, so I was a little tired of being a ref. As I start to head down stairs, Emma is on her way up and when I see her, oh man, my heart drops. She is covered in blood! I don't know what to do. I just look at her. Try and see her mouth. Then I see her front right tooth sticking straight out. I knew we needed a dentist. Then I freak. WE DON'T HAVE A DENTIST YET!!! I put Emma in the tub, now still freaking about how much more blood I am seeing. Call John, he is in the Children's Ministry office. God is good. They get him the number of a dentist. He calls, they tell us to come right over. My GPS does not get me all the way there. Ugh. Technology!!! There are THREE dentist offices on this intersection and they all have some sort of Stone Oak in their names. UGH, again!!! I am on the phone now with John yelling for him to tell me where this place is! He is ALREADY there!!! Then he sees me and guides me in. Perfect timing. They are on lunch, which means, no patients are there!!! Other kids do not have to see a little girl with blood all over her come into see the dentist. The boys light up, this is a pediatric office, so movies and video games are everywhere. They start to play and we get to take care of Emma. Next, X-ray. Daddy gets to hold Emma and she does great! We get her back to her room and they put Dora on! A TV is in the ceiling. Also, fish are all over the walls as well as sand!!! The dentist informs us that the three teeth have to come out. This still does not hit me. They get us an appointment with an oral surgeon. They can't put her under. We don't want her to remember a thing! Back in the van we now drive to the surgeon to get the pulling done. While we are waiting for the doctor, Emma starts to perk up. She is talking and wants to check out all the equipment. I am so thankful for this. Right before the surgery, I sign the consent form. The nurse explains to me all they are going to do. I realize now her teeth are coming out. She will now not have these three front teeth until the premaments grow in. Oh man, this is so weird. What is she going to look like? Is her speech going to change? Will she still be cute, of course, nothing could change that! Now it's time for Emma to drink her calming drug. They have told me it was juice. I say ok. Right as I am going to give her the cup they tell me, oh yes, this stuff does not taste good. Great. I know she is going to spit it out. She drinks it right down! I guess she was hungry! And the prayers were working! Praise the Lord.

This whole time the boys are watching NIK in the lobby. Wow, these Docs sure know how to entertain! And in between, John takes them to eat at Wendy's. This brings me to thoughts of John.

He met me at the dentist,

He helped Emma while I did paper work.

He took the boys to lunch.

He was there for Emma to see when she woke up after surgery.

He went to HEB to get jello for Emma on the way home.

He did not to back to work.

He stayed with us the whole time.

I am SO THANKFUL him!

I LOVE him!

Now back to the story...

This all started with Ean spinning Emma on the office chair. I did not see this happen, so we have the story from a six year old boy. Ean, "I was spinning Emma on the chair, she fell and hit the chair." He felt really bad and when he came up the stairs after Emma he was saying "I will never do that again!" He was very concerned and did not like seeing her blood.

Things I am thankful for...

Emma was a perfect patient.

Only baby teeth.

The boys were perfect.

The dentist did not have patients!

John was with the perfect people at the perfect time!

Friends were willing to take the boys if we needed it!

When Emma came to, John said she was shaking, but he took her and we were ready to go! She was starving! She saw the Wendy's bag in the van and started to cry, she wanted french fries. It's now 3:30pm. The last time she ate was 8am. Jello and juice go down well at home! Very thankful again! By 6pm we are up playing with dolls and light sabers. Then we head off to WalMart for a new toy!

Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers for Emma today! We felt them and know God was with us!

Now I am off to bed for a good cry, yep, my daughter will not have three front teeth until she is 7 yreas old or so. Wow! Ok, I need to stop.

Have posted some photos to FB.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, wow! I can't imagine what you were feeling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man Jayne...what a day! I can't believe how well Emma did! What a trooper! With or without teeth...she's still the cutest ever!

    ReplyDelete