Stark Family Fall 2009 Grey's Lake, IA

Stark Family Fall 2009 Grey's Lake, IA
Our Family

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Evan is 5...



Got this idea about posting a letter to your child on their birthday from another bogging friend!

Evan,

You will always be my surprise boy! When I found out I was pregnant with you I said, WOW, this is a surprise, Ean is only 10 months old! But God had a plan, and how perfect it turned out! On the day you were born I did not even know I had been in labor for several hours before hand. Ean and I took a walk that morning, I had to stop twice for contractions, but they did not feel to bad, so I went on with my day. Daddy, Ean and I went to lunch at Village Inn in Urb. We decided that we would call you Evan Christopher if you were a boy. John, Jayne, Ean and Evan all mean gift from God. Christopher is you Dad's middle name. We liked the way it sounded with Ean. With that done, we went back home, Dad and Ean took naps and I went to get a pedicure. While I was getting my toes done I again had two strong contractions. Still did not think anything of it. I still had 7 days until my due date. I went home and was really tired, so I layed down on my left side to take a nap. Half hour later, I had a VERY painful contraction. Two more came. I called G Connie and told her that she may need to come watch Ean. Called the Doctor and they said, do you want to come to the office and be checked, I said no, I will go to the hospital. Called G Connie back and had her start to drive over. Got your Dad up, and by this time my contractions were about 7 to 8 min apart. I wanted to get to the hospital so I could get drugs. G Connie came, and we went to the hospital! I kept asking for drugs and the hospital staff kept telling me that they were coming, the Doctor need to see me first. I never got my drugs. We got to the hospital at about 4 pm and you were born at 4:55pm. So yet again another surprise! Such a quick labor and delivery. Now that I look back, it was very intense, but I am so glad I did not have to wait any longer to see you! One difference of your birth as apposed to Ean's was when I met Ean I had never been a mother and did not know what that love was like. When Ean was 24 hours old I was holding him and then knew that I loved him with all my heart. With you, the moment they put you in my arms for the first time I loved you right away. I could not believe that. You were my son from the moment we met!

For the past 5 years these are some more special things I have come to love about you.

You favor the Leinen's in looks.

You have you Dad's quiet spirit and I think, his feet!

You also have the wonderful servant quality. When I ask for help cleaning up, you stop what you and doing and help! This also remind me for your Dad!

When you ask Emma for hugs, it warms my heart, I love how you love her. You also use a sweet soothing voice with her. I pray you always help protect her!

Although you and Ean have your moments with each other, you are really the best of friends! The way you both love the Wii, Mario and Luigi, and any video games is a bond you will have for you whole lives.

It's fun for me to be your teacher this year. We are working on your letters and you are getting better and better.

You are still a thumb sucker and burp rag lover. As much as I want to help you kick these habits, apart of me wants to keep these cute young this forever!

I love you so much! You will always be my forever special surprise boy!

Love,

Mama (that's what you call me now!)

No comments:

Post a Comment