Stark Family Fall 2009 Grey's Lake, IA

Stark Family Fall 2009 Grey's Lake, IA
Our Family

Sunday, April 4, 2010

First holiday away...








Easter 2010, our very first holiday as a family alone together. This shot was taken outside Wayside Chapel after the service this morning.

I must say I did not know how this day was going to go. I am so used to having Grandma's cooking dinner and setting up Easter egg hunts for my kids. This time it was all up to me! The day did not start off to well. I worked Saturday to try and help Sunday morning, but I got behind. I got frustrated and having a two year old never helps a frustrated mom. So, I ended up yelling at the kids to hurry up and got mad at Emma for getting my lip stick, so glad she did not make a mess! What a way to get your mind ready for Easter morning service. Ugh! I had to ask for forgiveness later. Very thankful for forgiving children.

Cooking takes some work! I made Company French Toast for brunch at Sunday School. For our lunch I made ham and potatoes in the crock pot, jello jigglers, rolls, banana bread, and deviled eggs. Dinner could have been a little better. I am trying. Maybe I tend to like food made by others better than my own. Oh well!

We did the egg hunt in our back yard. Emma was so excited! She just wanted to see what was in each egg as she picked them up. The boys ran around the yard very quick!
This did not take long! They wanted to eat the candy!!!

I must say that this day really went well! We did skype with both sides of the family, it was nice to see them! It was different, but fun! Seeing the kids faces when they opened their Easter baskets and as they gathered eggs was priceless. I think I could get used to this! It is nice to spend special time with the four people God has given me to live with, make memories with and love! The Lord has blessed me with eternal life and a great family to spend this time on earth with! I love them!

2 comments:

  1. Glad you had fun! Thanks for your honesty. I, too, am so glad for forgiving kids!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to "catch up" with you. I must say, Texas sounds nice to me, but I know it must be hard to be away from family! And Easter dinner looks great! Everything looks great! It's amazing how hungry blogs make me now that I'm trying to lose weight! HA!
    By the way, your blog header is so cute. You look like you've lost weight. Good for you! My sis and I started a blog journaling our "chunkiness." www.twochunkymamas.blogspot.com
    We love encouraging visitors who have wisdom to share!

    ReplyDelete